Feelin' the Blues......and Orange

Two works were done today. Both a similar theme. Blue and Orange! The second one was originally not going to end up that way but I found that without that splash of color it was to dull.

The first! A traditional piece done on bristol paper. Drawn and colored with Micron pens, Prismacolor and Copic markers.

"Blue"

Felt like doing something a little on the retro side. That and a chance to get some more practice with markers and pens. :D It turned out okay, not really what I was hoping for, but good practice.

The second! Back to digital. I was warming up in photoshop, playing with brushes, making new ones. This was the result of a created brush.

"Rose"

Originally there was no rose. But after viewing it for a few minutes I decided this piece had a little to much blue to it. It needed that bit of orange to make it come to life....at least for me. I'm VERY happy with the outcome of this one. For some reason I'm far more confident with digital than traditional. I have no clue why really. I'm technically using everything I know from traditional methods. Not to mention I use a Cintiq which essentially mimics pencil on paper, movement and all. Oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment